Things to Consider Before Getting a Paint Job
Thinking about a new paint job for your vehicle might be exciting, but you should still weigh some factors before doing so. It’s best to understand the painting process first before driving your car into the autobody shop.
Trust the Process Because It Will Take Time.
It’s not an overnight job to paint a vehicle. It will take several days to several weeks for the prep and paint job to be done and the chemicals to settle. This means that the auto body shop will keep your car for some time, especially if the paint on your car is already old and mired in rust, cracking, and chipping, the process of repainting your car will take longer. It isn’t as simple as just slapping a new coat of paint over the old…
The Paint Job Will Require Removal of Interior Parts
Repainting won’t just involve the car’s exterior. Pieces will be separated from your car for separate treatment and painting. So if you’re taking your car into the auto body shop, make sure that all of your things inside have been removed. Paron’s is skilled in all aspects of disassembly and pre and guarantee that your vehicle will be returned in good condition.
Paint Won’t Fix Dings and Dents
You’ll have to reconsider your decision if you think repainting would erase the hideous dents and dings. Fresh paint may also stress the issues even more. Even after fresh paint is applied, damage including rust spots, cracks, gouges, dents, pits, and scratches will still be there.
Before adding the fresh paint, it’s best to consider the entire condition of your vehicle. Your car will look as good as new in this way and you can depend on Paron Collision to complete all the requisite body repairs in this holistic manner of restoring the beauty of your car.
New Paint adds Value to Your Car
If you intend to sell your old car, it would be an excellent investment to repaint it. It will raise the price of your vehicle on the market directly, especially if small damage is also fixed in the process. However, if your car is more than a decade old, you should weigh if repainting would yield good benefits.
Price Quotes Depend on the Condition of your Paint Job
If you are on a budget and are preparing to file an insurance claim, you should keep in mind that the cost of repainting per shop can vary. Even before adding the fresh paint, the price will depend on the prep work that the shop will have to do. If the aint and body work on your car is in a battered state, expect it to cost more than painting a newer car.
Repainting is an investment and we want you to be proud of the finished product. Trust the experts at Paron Collision to deliver an honest and friendly quote. So what are you waiting for? Contact Us Now!
Family owned & operated for over 40 years, Paron Collision & Paint is an auto body shop in Calgary that delivers a level and pride in workmanship that can only be honed through generations of hands on training backed by industry certification.
A One-Stop Shop
Paron Collision & Paint is the obvious local choice for auto body and collision repair in Calgary, AB. Our team is fully trained for any type of auto body or collision repair and we offer all makes and models vehicle repair.
Estimates are always free and we are happy to discuss collision repair planning vs. parts replacement during our estimating procedure. Call or drop by our Calgary auto body shop during business hours and we will take care of you.
Auto Body Shop Repair Calgary
Licensed by Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council (AMVIC), Alberta is the only province that regulates automotive repair businesses in the same way it regulates automotive sales businesses.
Why AMVIC Licensing is Important for Consumers
AMVIC was originally incorporated under the Alberta Societies Act as a not-for-profit organization for the purpose of administering motor vehicle industry regulations as outlined in the Consumer Protection Act.
Membership in AMVIC includes adherence to it’s Mission to protect public interest and promote confidence and trust in the entire Alberta motor vehicle industry.
Our Airdrie auto body shop is also required to abide by their Mandate, Principles and conduct business according to a strict code of ethics which includes:
- and Environment commitments.
Benefits* of dealing with a licensed automotive business:
- Licensed businesses are expected to follow a high standard of professional conduct.
- Licensed businesses have a responsibility to follow the AMVIC Code of Ethics.
- Licensed businesses must follow the consumer protection laws set out in Alberta’s Consumer Protection Act. For example, it is a breach of the Act to engage in an unfair practice.
- Licensed businesses must abide by the General Codes of Conduct
- The rules only apply to transactions between businesses and consumers.
- Private sellers and backyard mechanics are not required to meet the same high standards of honesty and integrity.
- All AMVIC-registered salespeople have successfully completed the Salesperson Registration Course as a condition of becoming registered.
- Licensed dealers must provide full disclosure.
- Licensed dealers must use all-in pricing on ads.
- Licensed businesses are subject to AMVIC inspections.
- Consumers can ask AMVIC to investigate if a licensed business does not operate lawfully.
- The Compensation Fund may be available to the customers of a failed licensed business. However, consumers are not eligible to apply to the Compensation Fund if they buy from a private seller or curber.
Paron Collision is an Airdrie auto body shop and member in good standing with AMVIC.
Tips For Choosing A Covertry Hills Auto Body Repair Facility
All Alberta repair businesses must legally be licensed by AMVIC. This includes body shops, inspection facilities, brake and muffler shops, car starter installers and windshield tint and repair shops.
What Else Are Repair Shops Required To Do?
- If requested, provide a written estimate of the work or a written estimate of the cost of diagnostic work.
- Get your consent in writing prior to beginning any work or servicing. If written consent cannot be provided, information must be recorded by the business including: consumer name, time and date, description of the work, estimated total cost of the work and how the authorization was given (via email, phone, etc.)
- Get your consent before using rebuilt or salvage parts.
- Get your consent before subcontracting repair work.
- Offer to return parts removed from the vehicle.
- Provide, in writing, information on the parts installed including if they are original equipment manufacturer’s parts or from another source and whether they are new, used or reconditioned.
- Only represent that they have the ability to perform a specific service if they have the equipment, tools and expertise necessary to complete the work.
- Get your written consent for any work that does not conform or exceed manufacturer standards if your vehicle is being rebuilt or restored.
Auto Body Shop
If You Have Had A Car Accident
Covertry Hills Auto Body Shop – Call us 24 / 7 – We will help with all the details and get your vehicle repaired safely and as quickly as possible.
It is your right to have collision repair on your vehicle at the auto body shop of your choice and we will work with your Insurance Company on your behalf.
Towing & Transportation
We will help arrange rental car transportation and towing and have your vehicle brought to our repair facility in Calgary.
Estimate & Insurance
We will appraise the damage and cost of repairs and work with your insurance company, on your behalf, to prepare a thorough repair plan procedure.
Repair & Restoration
Your vehicle will then be repaired to Original Equipment Manufacturer standards by our qualified Calgary auto body staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
I just had a car accident, what do i do next?
Call Us! We are on call 24 / 7 and can help you make all the arrangements to have your vehicle towed to our body shop in Calgary. We will work with your insurance company to get you back on the road quickly.
Can You arrange a tow truck?
Yes! Whether you need a tow from the scene of the accident, from the impound or another location we can help arrange towing to our body shop.
Do You have loaner vehicles?
Yes, our Aidrie auto body shop will work with a rental car agency and your insurance company to make sure you have transportation when your vehicle isn’t driveable due to collision.
Will you direct bill my insurance company?
Yes! Paron Collision & Paint will work on your behalf to have your insurance company approve the repair work to be done at our body shop and bill them directly for the work.
Can You give me an estimate on Auto Body Repair Calgary?
Yes! We provide FREE written estimates on a first come, first serve basis. If you have any questions, just give us a call.
How long will the repairs take?
This depends on a number of factors including the severity of the damage, approvals, parts ordering and auto body shop bookings. Rest assured we will work through all of these variables to restore your vehicle as quickly and efficiently as possible.